Saturday 7 October 2017

Beer # 367 First World Problems Stewart Brewing

Beer #367 First World Problems Belgian IPA

Stewart Brewing Company


Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

Independent Microbrewery
Established: 2004
Belgian IPA
6.2 % ABV IBU: 80
330 ml Brown Glass Bottle
$3.85 (Canadian) At the LCBO


Twitter: @StewartBrewing



I admit it. I bought this beer for the label. The Lichtenstein inspired cartoon caught my eye even before the clever name and witty "I ordered Sourdough, and they brought me brioche..." punchline. So naturally, this beer had to come home with me. It wasn't until I got it home that I discovered it was from Scotland, and a Belgian inspired IPA. Stewart Brewing is an award-winning craft brewery in the heart of frenetic and cosmopolitan Edinburgh. It's a wonderfully big welcoming city very friendly and ready to party at the drop of a hat. I learned valuable lessons about drinking while I was in Edinburgh and actually how to pronounce Edinburgh and not sound like a tool. Locals pronounce it ED-in-BURR... only foreigners pronounces it Ed-in-Boro or Ed-in BURG. I also admit it is easier to pronounce after a pint or two or 14 in my case.

Onto our beer tonight...

Pours a cloudy honey amber with a scattered thin head made up of various bubbles. Nose is sweet with nuts and toffee, clover honey flowers and some dried fruit. First sip is warming, with dried fruit and cooked pineapple. Hints of bright green hops. Slightly syrupy, reminiscent of a late harvest wine, leaves a sticky lips sensation. Fresh and bright with lingering hints of spice at the end. Aeration gives us a pump of alcohol as the full height of the 6.2% ABV stands up. Finishes warm toasty notes,  hints of treacle and caramel.

Impressions: Fail, So-so, Pass, Exceptional 


Cost: 5/6 PASS

Colour: 5/6 PASS
Beer Style: 5/6 PASS
Re-Order:  5/6  PASS
Experience: 5/6 PASS


Final Thoughts:


Very good IPA from Scotland. Well balanced and full of subtle little flavours. One you should give a try while you can.
Cheers


CJT


Follow me on Twitter: @pintjockey

Like me on FacebookPint Jockey Online

And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.



No comments:

Post a Comment