Thursday 1 December 2016

Welcome to The 2-4 Beers of Christmas

Phew... We made it.

What an awful year!



I mean... Seriously...
Seriously. Did any musicians or celebrities survive this year? I remember vividly how this year started, being awoken from a sound sleep to learn that David Bowie had passed away. And things have gone downhill from there. After the Thin White Duke, 2016 decided to take a stroll through some absolutely beloved people and trim their lives short... with a friggin' chainsaw...(Screw you 2016!!!). Alan Rickman, Leonard Cohen, Gene Wilder, Prince, Kenny Baker, Anton Yelchin, Ronnie Corbett, Ron Glass (BRING BACK FIREFLY!), and Frank Kelly (He Played Father Jack on the AMAZING!!! British comedy "Father Ted..." Look it up... you won't be disappointed). And this is FAR from a comprehensive list. I started to read through the 2016 Deaths entry in Wikipedia... and got depressed. And I won't even get into the politics of the year (oh and King Bhumibol of Thailand, the longest reigning monarch, and Fidel Castro)... ugh. 2017 is 30 Days away, I'm holding my breath...
Merry Kiss-my-Ass 2016!

So onto good news... as we all desperately need some. It is time for the 3rd Annual #2-4 Beers of Christmas! I have selected 24 glorious Christmas-esque themey beers for the next three weeks, and plan to sit down once a night with everybody and spew my beer-barrel wisdom. So pull up a comfy chair in front of the fire, let the snow fall. Grab a glass and let's share a beer, or 24... This year, we've earned it.

Cheers 


CJT


Follow me on Twitter: @pintjockey

Like me on FacebookPint Jockey Online


And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.


No comments:

Post a Comment