Friday 14 October 2016

Beer # 284 35 & 118 Cream Ale Bushkung Brewing Company

#283 35 & 118 Cream Ale

Boshkung Brewing Company


Carnarvon, Ontario, Canada

Brewery
Cream Ale 
5.0 % ABV IBU: 18
473 ml Aluminium Can
$3.50 (Canadian) At the Brewery

Twitter: @Boshkungbrewing

Finishing up with my last can from boshkung, we end on the last core beer the rather popular 35 & 188 Cream ale. Named for the two highways that intersect in front of the brewery 35 & 118 has won two medals for Boshkungs trophy room. In 2015 they took home a silver for the Cream Ale category at the Canadian Brewing awards, in 2016 they took top spot in the same category.

Onto the cream of the crop...

Pours a light gold colour with a large fluffy white head made up of small bubbles. Nose is malt forward with lots of caramel and straw, Light hints of green hops with a good hit of bitterness. Aeration brings out tart green hops graininess, light spice, and some sweet caramel.

Impressions: Fail, So-so, Pass, Exceptional 


Cost: 5/6 PASS

Colour: 5/6 PASS
Beer Style: 5/6 PASS
Re-Order:  4/6  PASS
Experience: 4/6 PASS


Final Thoughts:


I am disappointed in myself for leaving this one until last. Every beer from Boshkung has been delicious and fantastic. Sadly, Cream Ale is not a preferred style for me... I have never been able to get a taste groove going on them. While the style of this beer is outstanding, I can't enjoy it personally. So I have to leave this on a down note which bothers me a bit, since this is a great beer. Technically, it is crisp, flavourful, well balanced, good malt usage and just the right amount of hops. So in this one case you kinda have to ignore me and go out and try this beer for yourself. If you like Cream Ales, you will love this. I am looking forward to more great things from Boshkung, I hope I can get my hands on some of the seasonals that are coming up.


CJT


Follow me on Twitter: @pintjockey

Like me on FacebookPint Jockey Online


And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.

No comments:

Post a Comment