Wednesday 5 October 2016

Beer # 278 Black Rock Dark Ale Boshkung Brewing Company

#278 Black Rock Dark ale

Boshkung Brewing Company

Carnarvon, Ontario, Canada

Brewery
Dark Ale 
5.5 % ABV IBU: 23
32 oz Brown Glass Half Growler
$7.00 (Canadian) At the Brewery Saloon

Twitter: @Boshkungbrewing



Back again to Boshkung and the second of the two half growlers I bought when I visited the bottle shop by the lake. I will have two more offerings from Boshkung coming up this week as I have to do a little housekeeping. The Fridge of Fame is bursting at the seams with craft beer (Not usually a bad problem...) and I really need to work my way through it.

Tonight's offering is a dark ale and a silver medalist in its category at The Ontario Brewing Awards 2016.

Let's see how it earned it's silver...

Pours a deep chestnut colour with a dark tan head made up of tiny bubbles. Aroma is deeply caramelized sugar, molasses, licorice, and barley biscuits. First sip is smoky rich caramel, coffee, and notes of cola and licorice. Aeration gives you more smoke and espresso, molasses, and vanilla.





Impressions: Fail, So-so, Pass, Exceptional 



Cost: 5/6 PASS

Colour: 5/6 PASS
Beer Style: 6/6  EXCEPTIONAL
Re-Order:  6/6  EXCEPTIONAL
Experience: 5/6 PASS

Final Thoughts:


Nicely complex, lots of layering of flavours. A good beer to sit and ponder. Definitely worthy of award and praise. I would sit and sip this, long into a fall night in front of a campfire. You should too.


Cheers


CJT


Follow me on Twitter: @pintjockey

Like me on FacebookPint Jockey Online


And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.


No comments:

Post a Comment